We assist businesses with their adoption of technologies. We are an authorized Digital Main Street vendor who serve our local communities with expertise to help with their digital adoption. The program will help you cover up to $2500 in costs associated with adopting technology for your business. For more information about the program, please contact us.
What is a Digital Transformation Grant?
Digital Main Street (DMS) is a program focused on assisting small businesses in adopting technologies. The Digital Transformation Grant (DTG) program will provide funding for training, advisory support, and grants to brick-and-mortar small businesses looking to increase their capacity through digital transformation.
The grant is administered by the Ontario BIA Association (OBIAA) and is not administered by Digital Main Street.
The portal will be opened in June 2022, and applications will be accepted until October 31st, 2022.
The objectives of the Digital Main Street
The Digital Transformation Grant program is to:
- Provide small business owners with a comprehensive plan to guide their digital transformation.
- Provide small businesses with the digital literacy skills they need to execute their digital transformation either through a do-it-yourself approach and/or being a smart consumer when purchasing these services.
A Digital Transformation Grant is open to any business that meets the following requirements:
- Has a permanent 'brick-and-mortar' establishment in Ontario
- Is employing 1-50 employees
- Is NOT a home-based business
- Is paying commercial property tax (commercially assessed), either directly or through commercial rent
- Is a registered business in Ontario and/or is incorporated
- Is open for business/operating at the time of application (not a start up)
- Is open to the general public for walk-in and onsite purchases of goods and services - NOT A WHOLESALER OR MANUFACTURER
- Is NOT a business supplying digital services to other businesses (e.g. website design/development, SEO, programming)
- Is NOT a franchise, including those individually owned and operated
- Is NOT a not-for-profit/ charitable organization
- Is NOT renting office space on a temporary basis (month-to-month)
- Is NOT in a shared workspace such as a hot desk or dedicated desk
- Is NOT a purely online business
- An Ontario resident operating a business in Ontario.
- An individual of 18 years of age or older at the time of application.
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Has completed the Digital Transformation for Main Street program, which includes:
- The Digital Main Street Assessment
- Has passed the eligibility quiz
- The online training
- Developing a Digital Transformation Plan
- Hiring a consultant/agency/person to execute Digital Marketing initiatives
- Ongoing Digital Training courses (in-person & online)
- Redesign, Improvement of existing website
- Development of a new website
- Graphic design software
- Productivity Software (LastPass, Hootsuite, Dropbox, etc.)
- Social Media Software (Hootsuite, Buffer, etc.)
- Security Software
- Other software, as evidenced in the DTP
Hardware (maximum $1,000)
- Must be hardware deemed necessary (as determined by OBIAA in its sole discretion)
For more information about DTG, visit https://digitalmainstreet.ca/digital-transformation-grant-4-0/